Main Advantages of the JIC 37° fitting system:
▪ Simplicity, convenience, reliability and suitability to adapt to fixed line tubing or flexible hose
▪ Assembly and re-assembly is fast and simple therefore, the system provides cost savings during installation of pipework
▪ The JIC 37° fitting system provides suitable components with sufficient pressure ratings and maximum leak-tightness up to
nominal pressures of 345 bar
▪ Optimised design, the JIC 37° tube adaptors offer ideal flow rates, and therefore guarantee best performance without the
generation of vibrations, noise or heat
▪ JIC 37° tube adaptors are small and compact in design which makes them perfect for applications with space considerations
▪ Common system designed to international standards and available globally
▪ Flaring can accomplished by using either manual equipment or the STAUFF PRESS bench top powered flaring machine
which is a highly accurate, production capable machine
▪ Adaptors can be used with carbon steel and stainless steel seamless tubes
▪ Galvanised zinc surface protection
JIC 37° Adaptors - Product Information
Defined by the SAE J514 standard, JIC 37° flare adaptors are widely applied and are among the most common and established system used in industrial tube and hose connector systems worldwide. They are regarded as the universal standard for fluid power applications in markets that use the imperial systems, mainly throughout Australasia and Northern America.
The JIC fitting system consists of three pieces: adaptor body (1), sleeve (2) and nut (3) which form the complete assembly. The seal is achieved through metal-to-metal contact between the finished surface of the fitting’s 37° conical nose and the inside diameter of the flared tubing.
During assembly, the sleeve is used to evenly distribute the compressing load created on the flared end of the tube by the threading of the flare nut to the male fitting. The sleeve also extends out the back of the nut providing additional support to the assembly by lessoning any longitudinal loading on the flare.
JIC 37° Adaptors
STAUFF offer an extensive range of carbon steel JIC 37° adaptors to complement the range of Imperial seamless tube. JIC adaptor body, flare nut and sleeve are available in outer diameter ("OD) sizes between 1/8" to 1-1/2” and also 2” size on-request. The other end of the adaptor body is available with a variety of different connection types, such as, male and female threaded studs. Various shapes and designs e.g. straight fittings, elbows, tees, crosses, unions, studs, and bulkheads etc. are available.
The commonly used connection types consist of: JIC/BSPT Male Connector, JIC/BSPP Male Connector, JIC/ NPT Male connector, JIC Union, JIC/NPT Swivel Male Connector, JIC/BSPP Swivel Male Connector. Adaptor thread sizes are determined by the corresponding outside diameter of the inch tubing for the various types of tube ends.
© Copyright 2016 STAUFF Corporation Pty Ltd
Tel: +61 8 8415 1000
Tel: +64 9 271 4812
Tel: +61 7 3716 1000
Tel: +61 3 8542 5400
Tel: +61 2 8787 8000
Tel: +61 2 4271 9000